Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday afternoon post

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...too many things to do and ran out of time.

Yesterday was my weigh in. Hmmm...not sure if any of you have little routines/obessions when it comes to losing weight. Not sure why this started...but I weigh myself every morning. I know...it's only supposed to be once a week but it's a hard habit to break for me. It also gives me a clear picture how much the body flucuates...because I know that I ate pretty much clean and my weight might go up and then the next day down. So...my indicator is usually Saturday. If the scale is going down...by Sunday I know that I have lost weight. And Sunday morning...I can prepare myself for the actual weigh in. I know that my clothes weigh exactly one lb (although yesterday was a little more) and that my scale at home is off up to a half a lb lighter that the WW scale. So...come yesterday morning..my scale showed that I gained about half a lb. Guess I do it because I don't like surprises...LOL. Sure enough, I gained 4 ounces. Not a lot...but this is the first time in 9 weeks that I gained.

It made me think...well there is nothing I can do about it now...but let me think back to what I could have done different. Went back to my tracking and even if I underestimated, I had about half of my weeklies left. The only thing that stuck out to me was my exercise. I usually have a pretty set routine when it comes to working out...but because of commitments and other things I made it to the gym only twice. And that to me played a major part as to my gain.

Taking this learning experience and filing it away. I need to stay focused and realize that we only have today.

As one of my goals this year...I have decided to try a new recipe each week. Sunday's are the best day for me to do this...and yesterday I made the apple fritters. I will be honest...I wasn't too impressed with them...not sure what I expected but it didn't do it for me. I ate about half of one...and said I would rather use my points on food I enjoyed...so unfortunately for me...I won't be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment