Friday, October 1, 2010

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and also Adopt a Shelter Dog month

Wow...my first post and such a long title...LOL. Can you believe we are in the home stretch for 2010?  Where did the year go?  It seems the older I get..time really does fly.  October to me means the obvious Halloween celebrations plus it's time to start thinking of my holiday gifts.  If you make your own...you know you have to start months ahead unless you like staying up til all hours of the night before Christmas.

Like I mentioned...October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Check out the link below for tons of information.  I think these days..we all know someone affected by breast cancer...either yourself or a friend/family member.  I know a lot of survivors and also some that have lost their battle to this disease.  It will be 2 years this Halloween that I got my results back that my tumors were benign.  That in itself it it's own blog which I will post at a later date.
http://ww5.komen.org/

October is also adopt a shelter dog month.  I didn't know this but it's cool that a whole month is dedicated to finding homes for all the dogs either at a shelter or a rescue group.  I honestly do not know how I survived all these years without a dog in my life.  Check out the link below for again more information.
http://www.americanhumane.org/protecting-animals/special-events/adopt-a-dog-month/

For all of you that don't know me personally...here is my girl, Princess.  She will be 11 years old in April and still thinks she is a puppy.  She was found on the streets of San Pedro..but I don't know who was luckier...me or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment